Student Enrichment Programs
- Festival of Cultures
- Art Walk
- Art Docent Program
- Coding Club
- Gardening Club
- Math Night
- Spirit Wear
- Talent Show
- School Play
- Watch DOGS
- Field Trip Support
- Screen Free Week
Family & Community Events & Resources
- Walk-a-Thon & Ice Cream Social
- BINGO Night
- Fall Family Costume Dance
- Food Pantry
- Skate Night with Fernwood
- Summer Play Dates
- Summer Family Meet n Greets
- Community Service Days
- Holiday Market
- 5th Grade Promotion Celebration
Teacher & School Support
- School Workroom Supplies
- Annual Teacher/Staff Grants
- Playground Supplies & Maintenance
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
- School Beautification Projects
The primary focus of Frank Love PTA is to advocate for our students, families and teachers!
Frank Love Portable Safety
Three outdoor portable sinks were delivered for our portables just prior to the school reopening and are being used by our students. Your advocacy and hard work helped make this happen, thank you!
In the Frank Love Parent Meet & Greet with Dr. Reid on April 23, we asked what steps will be taken in the Fall when more portables are in use. Dr. Reid told us we will get more outdoor portables sinks at that time.
When we asked Dr. Reid about the longer term plans for Frank Love, she referred us to the upcoming Capital Bond vote. We were able to get a representative for Frank Love on the committee!
We will keep you updated on any further Calls to Action!
Thank you for your support!
It has also brought to light many unsafe and unhealthy issues in Northshore School District, specially, the portable conditions at our very own Frank Love and elementary schools across the district.
GOAL: Ultimately, Frank Love needs an adequate main building for learning, eliminating the portables all together. However, that takes time and what we are demanding right now, is a way for our children to wash their hands.
- A total of 11 classes including all our 3rd, 4th and 5th graders are in portables. If the average class is 24 kids, that is 264 kids with ZERO access to sinks or running water in their classrooms.
- There is ONE portable bathroom building for these students to use that according to multiple families, has a history of being in very poor condition.
- In almost every email communication we have received from Northshore School District, the number one "tip" parents are being told is "to teach our kids good hygiene habits".
- Portable classrooms have a higher chance to have mold, contributing to a greater rate of respiratory infection, a severe symptom synonymous with COVID.
- Even with all these issues and concerns, Frank Love has not had an update since it was built 30 years ago and is not even on the district’s 5-year plan for improvements or remodels. We have four portables that are almost as old as the school itself. Portables are supposed to be a temporary “fix” not a long term or permanent solution. How long is Northshore School District expecting to keep our students, future students, and teachers in unhealthy, unsafe conditions?